Friday, April 2, 2010

Back Home

So I was blessed to be able to go home and be with my family as we all said "See you soon" to Gram. It was a trip I didn't want to make but so thankful I did. I am not afraid to fly anymore =) It was a very special trip that Hannah and I got to share. When she is older I will tell her how amazing she did and what a blessing it was to have a sweet little girl to share that time with me.

I have a very large family....not just my own brothers and sisters, but aunts, uncles, cousins and so on. So the funeral for Gram was quite big and just about everyone was there. It was so great to see everyone and be there for one another. We comforted one another, cried with one another, and laughed with each other as we shared Gram stories. As we shared our stories I thought to myself "well there is no way that this person loved Gram as much as me, or that they were as special to Gram as me" Because that's just how much we loved each other, but I soon realized how big Gram's heart really was. She loved everyone and made us all feel like we were the most important person in her life. Her life was so rich with wonderful, special relationships. I thought "wow I hope to love others like that"
I was also so proud of my mom as she spoke in front of everyone at the funeral. She shared how special her mom was to her, how special she was to all of us. She stood there as a pillar of strength for us all. I don't think I could have done it without just sobbing. But mom spoke so clear, so true and I was in awe of her.



Christine and Miggy
Grammie and Hannah Bear


Me and the little foster baby my parents have. (I will not publish her name)



Taylor, Hannah, Miguel Sr., Miguel, Christine and the little tiny foster baby.

Uncle Andrew and Hannah


Cousins Miguel, Hannah, and Taylor. (Hannah doesn't look too happy but she was)

No comments: