Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday to Elijah!

Words can not express how amazing our Elijah is. I know each child you have brings a unique and special dynamic to your family. Elijah is no exception, but super exceeds our expectations. He is funny, silly, kind, compassionate, and determined. He is also so cute. I know he'd hate that but it's true. He is adorable.

Today he turns 8! I keep telling him 8 is great, and it is. A month ago I was praying for Elijah to have more confidence. As I was reading through the one year Bible. I came across this verse in Proverbs and began to alter my prayer for him.

When you lie down, you shall not be afraid: yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it comes. For the LORD shall be your confidence, and shall keep your foot from being taken. Proverbs 3:23-25

I began to pray that Elijah wouldn't find confidence in himself but rather the Lord himself would be his confidence. The Lord would be his confidence as he does his schoolwork. The Lord would be his confidence when playing with friends. The Lord would be his confidence in all his decisions.

I love being Elijah's mom! It's been an amazing 8 years. I am so thankful for them and can't wait to see all that the Lord has for him.

1 comment:

Mommabear said...

Happy Birthday wow I can't believe he is 8!