Monday, June 20, 2011

I have decided to follow Jesus

Yesterday was not only Father's day but both Isaiah and Elijah made the decision to be baptized. I grew up in a Catholic home. I was baptized as a baby...or so they tell me since I have no memory of that. I had no choice in that. For me personally in my life in had no meaning. Later when I became a believer and follower of Jesus I decided to get baptized. I wanted to make a public display of what had already taken place in my heart. I wanted to identify myself with Jesus' life, death and resurrection. That is what we believe about baptism. Peter has a similar story.

Allowing your children to make their own decision is sometimes difficult but when they make one such as this it makes you so full of joy you can barely contain it. One of my favorite verses (I actually wear it around my neck with the names of my children) is from 3 John 1:4 and John is writing to believers and he says "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" To be able to watch my boys walk in truth yesterday truly I have no greater joy.

Here are some awesome pictures from yesterday.


Elijah getting prayed for. He was very nervous.
Hold on. "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"



There he is!





Praying for Isaiah.


Isaiah got dunked twice...he didn't make it under all they way the first time...not that we need to be dogmatic about it but if you're gonna do it, do it all the way!


AWESOME




Overwhelmed with joy.

We got the boys new t-shirts to celebrate.





The cakes with the meanings of their names. Praise God!






















2 comments:

kelizzle/johnnyred said...

I love this Bethany!

Snuffygirl5 said...

REally awesome! Love the Father's Day post too! And I love your hair! LOL.