Sunday, April 6, 2008

Keeping our eyes on Jesus

So I teach a group of kids on Sunday mornings at our church. This week the lesson was on Mat:14 where Jesus walks on the water and then Peter goes out to join him It's one of my favorite stories. There are so many things we can learn from it. The main focus that I wanted to get across was that when we are distracted (looking at the waves) we take our eyes off the Lord. When we take our eyes off Him we will sink. How many times in my own life have I experienced this? I am distracted, then I am discontent, then I am disgruntled, then I am disillusioned. It's so important to keep our focus on Him. But our God is an awesome God. He hears us in our times of distress. Like Peter when he realized he was sinking, he cried out to the Lord to save him. What a lesson to us, when we realize we are sinking in sin, or sinking in sadness, or sinking in anything thing that takes our focus from Him that we cry out to Him. And He is faithful. He immediately reached down to pull Peter up. And he will do the same with us. If we draw near to Him He will draw near to us, and immediately lift us up. Here's Isaiah wearing the glasses we made in class. They say "Keep your eyes on Jesus"


No comments: