Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Isaiah for President!

I am very fired up about this years presidential election. The kids and I have read a lot of books about the election process. I guess it peaked Isaiah's attention because while watching the news it sparked the following conversation.

McCain was on tv

"Mom who is that guy? Is that who you want to vote for?" -Isaiah

"That's John McCain, yes he is running for President and that's who I am voting for"-Mom

"And Obama is the other guy?" -Isaiah

"Yes that's right"-Mom

"Well do they believe in God?" Isaiah

"They say that they do." -Mom

"That's good because they are going to need God to be President!"-Isaiah

"Yes they will!" -Mom

"What do you have to do to be President?" -Isaiah

"Well you have to have been born in this country, you have to be at least 35 years old, you'll nee lots of people who like you and think you'll do a good job and they'll have to give you lots of money"-Mom

" Maybe when I am 35 I can try to be President"-Isaiah

"Maybe. I think it would be hard to be President. I think sometimes those who want to be President sometimes forget to put Jesus first" - Mom

"Hmmm yeah that's not good" -Isaiah

"What else do you think you'd like to be?" Mom

"Well I don't know. I think I better ask God and let Him decide that one"-Isaiah

"Isaiah that is a very good idea. You can't go wrong when you follow His plan" -Mom

"That's what I am going to do" -Isaiah

So as the first quarter of our homeschool year is about to come to an end and I'll be preparing a progress report how do I grade such wisdom and insight? It is much more valuable than a grade I can give him for Math or Science and it is the reason why we homeschool. To raise little people into men who love the Lord and want to serve and follow Him all the days of their lives.

No comments: