Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Visit from an "old friend"


I have been very blessed throughout my life by so many awesome women in the Lord. I truly value the friendships that have started simply because of shared love for Jesus. I think that bond is one that can not be broken by time, distance, or circumstances.
My friend Molly who lives in Maryland now came up to the sticks to visit me. It's been almost 5 years since I've seen her and over 10 years since we lived together in college. We had such an awesome day, catching up, walking in the fall woods with the dog and kiddos and just fellowshipping. I am really humbled that she would want to come all this way to hang out with me.
I am blessed by friendships that withstand the test of time. I love how the Lord knows just what you need and when you need. And a visit from an "old friend" is just what I needed today. I was reminded today how important it is to foster our friendships in the Lord. We shouldn't take them for granted. I am also so thankful for friends who love me and show me that in such amazing ways. I pray I am that kind of friend.
So for my friends reading this post, Thank you so much for your friendship, I may not always tell you how much you mean to me, but I love you and am blessed beyond measure to have you in my life.

No comments: