Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sarah Palin Visits Bangor Maine

So today I made the trip to the "big city" to see Gov. Sarah Palin at a victory rally. My friend Felicia met me in Bangor since we share the same political views and really love Sarah Palin. It was an early morning for me, it was still dark out and I had to conquer my moose fears, but I did it! So we stood in line for a long time. But it was well worth it.

Sarah spoke to us about reform, change, energy independence, and the gift of every life. She quoted:
"The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped.” Hubert H. Humphrey

The crowd was really reved up and she got a huge Maine welcome. We were pretty close but not close enough to shake hands or get a signature and that was ok. It really was an honor just to see her.

I am not a huge poetical activist by any stretch. I do however LOVE to exercise my right to vote.I do believe you should support those who you feel align with your beliefs.And for me, Sarah Palin best represents my values, my political views. She is pro-Israel, pro-life, for less government, supports parents having the right to choose how their children are schooled, she wants reform and is willing to hold people accountable for their actions.
Gov. Sarah Palin
She received flowers from someone right in front of us.
The signs they did let us have inside the rally.
Here's our sign. They wouldn't let us bring in the rally. It was a big hit with the crowd. So many people cheered for us and took a picture of the sign.
A group of young women supporting Sarah
Just me with the sign. The picture in the corner is of Noah Felicia's little boy with his tiny hand and his daddy's finger.
She's really pretty, not that really matters, but in case you were wondering she is more beautiful in person.
Speaking to the large crowd of supporters.
"Reform, on Wall street and on Main Street"
" I feel at home seeing all the Carthart and steel toe boots here"








4 comments:

Snuffygirl5 said...

Puts a smile on my face and tears in my eyes- praying the Lord will have mercy on our nation this election season! He is mighty to save, after all :)

Bethany said...

I know I was praying for mercy on my drive home. Boy if ever a country needs mercy it's ours.

sarasusen said...

I'm so jealous you got to go see her! But how awesome too! How corrupt a nation we've become and it will only go downhill *if Obama is elected. So yeah, I'm praying for mercy as well! But like the song says "Give us clean hands, give us clean hearts... And God let us be a generation that seeks your face oh God of Jacob"
It HAS to start with *me* and *us*
(Christians), so let's be praying for that as well! (I know you two share the same opinion)
Romans 13 says that all government is put there by God and we are to submit to such authority. So something I've been thinking about is if McCain gets in, we may turn this country around some which in the short term, would be great! But I know that God has a plan in these "end times". And all these Christians keep saying "He's coming back soon!" Doesn't it NEED to get really really bad for Jesus to come back? I'm such a baby christian when it comes to end times stuff... shouldn't I EXPECT Obama to get in as President and NOT McCain? (I'm certainly still voting for MCCAIN!) So yes, I'd love God to have Mercy on us all, but what's the proper way to PRAY in times like these? I usually just pray for His WILL because I'm not sure how to pray. Part of me *almost* wants Obama to get in because it's another "nail in the coffin" and one step closer to Jesus coming back for us.....Thoughts?

Bethany said...

I pray for mercy and His will. Because either way He is in charge and uses all things for His glory. Our time here is so short no matter who gets into office. I just want to love the Lord, stand for righteousness and teach my kiddos to do the same until He returns! I have too many loved ones who are in NEED of Him so I am always torn.