Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah





Happy 1st Birthday to our Hannah Bear. She's a wee little shy at first, she's got a dash of sassy and a whole lot of cuteness.



This year has gone by so fast. And she has changed so much. It always amazes me how much they grow in that first year. They hit so many milestones. Her most recent was taking a couple of steps.



Words really can't describe how much joy she has brought us this year. Looking back from the day we found out we were expecting until now I can see the Lord's hand in it from the start. After we found out we were pregnant with Hannah it was only a few months later that we moved clear accross the country. I remember thinking "God I think you've got this wrong but I'm going to follow anyway" I remember when my Gram past away and thinking "God why now when I am so far from home?" Each time He used a big blue eyed little girl to remind me that He is good. That He gives good gifts. That He knows what is best for me. I've held her throughout the year thinking "God why would you give this beautiful girl to me?" Hannah means "favored grace" and it serves as a reminder that every good thing is only by His grace.



It's hard to remember what our family was like before Hannah. She has filled in a hole that was missing that we never knew existed. We are so thankful to have her and love her.

1 comment:

Snuffygirl5 said...

So much of this resonates with me, though we are not far from home as you are. We still continue to go through our stuff, but when my sweet Baby Kate smiles at me, it's like all my cares are put in perspective. Enjoy this special day!