Friday, December 3, 2010

From the Desks of Isaiah, Elijah,and Hannah

Another fun week! I will admit this for all the world to read: it's December and I think we have finally worked out the kinks (until new ones arise on Monday)in our homeschool day. Our secret ?go with the flow. Schooling a 5th grader and 1st grader at the same time is a challenge in and of itself and then throw in a newly crowned toddler and you're really asking for it. (my hat is off to you homeschool mamas with a whole passenger van full of kids) So out the window are the days where my homeschool day schedule is proudly displayed on card stock in the front of my binder. Now it's more like "quick kids Hannah is playing with the little people let's do our history" or "finally she's down for a nap let's get Math and Language arts done" or it's me with Hannah on my hip holding the reader as far away as I can so she can't grab it, bouncing and being so animated in my read alouds that I think I should record books on cd...or what are the kids calling it now "for download" HA!

So here's some highlights of our week.



We are just about down our chapter on Matter more specifically solids. Here are some of the crystals that have been growing all week.

Of course the boys favorite was the rock candy. I must say I am glad to see these go. I had four jars taking up way too much space. Only two really took to the sticks.


I know I have said it over and over again but I don't care I'll say it again. I have the most amazing group of homeschool families that we hang with. They moms are so selfless, creative, and supportive. We decided to do some Christmas themed things for the month of December instead of Friday gym class. Today was gingerbread houses. One sweet mom (and husband) pre-made all the houses. They must have made like 25 if not more. Then we all brought two things to help decorate them. And wow was there a lot of stuff. My stomach ached just seeing all that sugar.

Another amazing mom hosted the even in her heated garage. Everything was all set up and ready to go.


Even Hannah got some "treats" and hung out with her little friend. She loved the mini marshmallows and gold fish. Yeah that's right I gave my 14 month old marshmallows and I don't feel guilty one bit!! More about Hannah at the end of this post.


I went to our van to change Hannah's diaper. And I just chuckled at the driveway. A line of minivans. =) I love it! Mine is the cherry red one!


Isaiah is nearing completion of his gingerbread house.


Elijah ate more than actually went on his house. After this he had art class and his teacher said "Elijah was so chatty today" Yep all that sugar running rampant through his body will make him a bit more chatty.

Here's Elijah's finished house.


And Isaiah's...I love the tree he turned into a windmill...it's SO Lynden WA!



Ok so now for some cute Hannah news. Everyday it's something new. I forgot how much fun this age can be. It's a challenge but there's so many little bonus' to this age that it makes it all worth it. She loves to throw things in the trash, especially her wet diapers. She has to have a fork when she eats and she does a pretty good job using it. She is an amazing little dancer and loves to bust a move. She is starting to say so many new things "mease" (more and please together) "iyayou" I love you. "trash" which is trash, "cheese" when we take a picture or when she wants a piece of cheese. She says "yes" and shakes her head no. And the newest and cutest thing is when I put her down for nap or bed I stroke her face and whisper "I love you" over and over. She whispers it back and then waves and says "buh bye" I love it! She is beyond incredible.

No comments: