Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day Five 576miles down..We're in South Dakota

Ok day five down. Another day of DRIVING. Today was a bit rough on me personally. Just too long in the car. But we did reach our goal of Rapid City, South Dakota, which puts us about 1/2 hour from MT RUSHMORE! That is the attraction the boys have wanted to see from the very start of this whole process. Peter asked Elijah "Why do you want to see Mt. Rushmore so bad, it's just faces on a mountain" and Elijah replied "No dad it's some Presidents" Too funny.


So today we basically drove across the state of South Dakota. What's in South Dakota you might ask...you guessed it farms. Fields of crops and cattle farms for miles. It makes for a very long and boring ride. The only thing that keeps me entertained are the billboards, hundreds of them. I get a kick out of some of them.


Today for lunch I finally ate at a Cracker Barrel. I've heard so many things about it and that I had to stop there. The good trusty GPS got us there. It was good, but I guess I am amiss at why it was a must. I did like the little store which is why Peter says why girls like it there.


We are staying at a nice place here in Rapid City. The hotel is attached to a water slide park. Most of the hotels around here have this amenity. I can't even tell you how much fun the boys had. Thanks to Target a few states back I got a bathing suit to fit my expanding belly. So I too enjoyed myself. (note, Peter did laundry while I took the kids to the water park, pretty sweet deal)


Tomorrow will be a fun day. I can't wait.


Here's some pics of the day.

Hey look kids anther farm.


Hey look another farm.


Elijah and I shared a BIG salad at Cracker Barrel. It was really good.

The boys at the water park. I must say having them in the same bathing suits made it much easier to keep track of them.

The river...Isaiah is on the far left, Elijah on the far right. You get in the tube and let the current take you around. It was so fun.

This is the "kid" section,complete with water slides. Below is a video of this big bucket that would fill with water and then spill every 3 minuets or so. They were obsessed with this.




1 comment:

Snuffygirl5 said...

The last time I ate at Cracker Barrel, I wondered why the big deal too. It's okay, but yeah, the store is the thing. And it's the country sides that I really love- fried apples, mac n cheese, and those biscuits!