Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Happy Mother's day! Mom you are such an amazing gift in my life. You often say how thankful you are to have me as your daughter, but truly I am blessed that God chose you to be my mother. You have been there for me through so many good times and also the rough times. Even to this day as a grown women with children of my own there are times that I just want my mom. You still comfort me and somehow when you say every things going to be alright I believe it.

I am overwhelmed with sadness to leave and be so far from you. Some days I just don't think I can do it. I wish you could come with me. I know there will be days again when I will just want my mom and to think of how far apart we will be makes me feel alone already. I do know that no distance between us will ever change the bond we share as mother and daughter, as friends and above all sisters in the Lord. I am holding on to that so tightly as we move.

I can't believe that soon I will have a daughter of my own and I am already praying that we have the close relationship that you and I share.

I love you deeply. Happy Mother's Day.

Love, Bethany


No comments: