Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Wall

There is an amazing lady who blogs over at Lemonademakin'mama. She is so creative and FUN. She has posted many projects I will be using soon, but she has a gift for taking inexpensive things and making them beautiful. I am no where on her level but I was inspired to stretch my creativity after following her blog. I found a really cute page in the Pottery Barn catalog. I just love the idea of a mix of photos and artwork. So I wanted to do something similar in our living room. The letters alone form the catalog cost more than I would ever spend so I went hunting. I found letters at Michaels for 1.99, I had some paint already, so I painted them up nice. The boys did artwork on canvases from Walmart 2 for 7.99. I already had frames, so I added some new pics and my wall is well on it's way. The picture I took from the Pottery Barn catalog. I still have some more frames to add to my wall but it's a start.
The art work is done by the boys. Elijah did "Our Family" and Isaiah did "Seasons in Maine" I love their work.

2 comments:

Snuffygirl5 said...

Love it! Yours is way better than Pottery Barn.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oooohhh I do love a good PB knockoff!! Nice job girl.