Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blog Award

Add Image
So if any of you really know me...I mean REALLY know me you know I love to win...win anything! I love to win prizes. I am famous for trying hard to win the little trinkets at baby showers or gasp in excitement over winning a door prize. So imagine my delight when I got a "Beautiful Blogger Award" from Stephanie

Fun! Thanks Steph! So in playing along with the award here are 7 things about me before I give the award to two well deserving bloggers. These 7 things really shape who I am.


1. I have always loved children. I grew up with 6 brothers and sisters. I always loved babysitting. I couldn't wait to become a teacher so I'd be around kids all day. I love their sweet honesty, their willingness to love, and the way they look at you for comfort. I am a kid magnet. It seems like where ever we go, random children come up to me and say things like "I had pizza for lunch", "I like your rainbow scarf", "I like Lego's do you?" I think kids just know if your a "kid person" and that I am. I have been known to say "the dirtier, the more rough around the edges the better" when it comes to kids because those are the ones that need love the most. I can't imagine my life without a little pack of kids around me.


2. Speaking of kids, my kids are amazing. I can't believe I have 3. Although when Peter and I first got engaged he mentioned waiting "5 years" to have our first child and I mentioned having "8". Well we had Isaiah the day before our one year anniversary and 8 well who knows maybe we still can meet that one? Isaiah,Elijah and Hannah are beyond my wildest expectation for children. Each one in their own way has brought me so much joy. I am truly blessed to be their mom.


3. Ha speaking of being a mom...I must say my relationship with my mom has been one of my most treasured possessions. It's one thing to have a great mom, it's another thing to have a great friend, but it's on a whole new level when your mom is truly one of your very best friends. My mom is so special to me. We'd be friends even if we weren't mother and daughter this I know for sure. She is full of compassion and has such a giving heart. I pray I have these relationship with all three of my children.


4. And there are other friendships I have. I have truly learned the value of friendships over this past year. Moving across the country, far from my lifelong friends has been hard. But I have learned that true friendships are worth tending too even if from across the miles. I have also learned that there is room in my heart for new friends, even though they can not replace my friends back home, they have a very special place in my life right now.


5. To quote myself over ten years ago when speaking to my friend Ang "He's way out of my league" I was talking about Peter my husband. My friend and I were talking about possible "husbands" and she said "what about Pete?" I thought he was so cute and there was no way he'd look my way. BUT little did I know then the plan the Lord had for us. He surely does do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think. 10 years and 3 kids later he's still "out of my league" but he's MINE! We've been through a lot in our 10 years of marriage and through everything the good, the bad and the ugly he has remained constant. I still can't believe my shy husband asked me to marry him! =)
6. I love to laugh. Big laughs,small laughs any form of giggle suits me just fine. I don't mean to toot my own horn but since this is about me I'm going to indulge myself...and you....I think I am pretty funny. I remember laughing so hard when I was young my sides hurt, I'd get the hic ups and sometimes so bad I would throw up...not really funny to read but funny in the moment. My humor has changed allot since I've become a Christian...and I think for the better. I love to make a funny remark or retell a funny story to get everyone going. I love that Isaiah says "Mom you're silly"
7. Last but not least for without Jesus there would be no Bethany. I have walked with the Lord for over 12 years now and although my life around me has changed since I let Him into my life, He has remained faithful and remained the same. I am now entering a new understanding of my relationship with Him. He truly is the ultimate Friend. He is always there, always willing, always forgiving, always compassionate, always waiting for ME. And in this season of my life I can not put into words what that means...I have found rest for my soul.
Ok ENOUGH about me already lets get on with my two beautiful blog award winners.....
First is Neysha. She blogs about her amazing life, raising 7 children and 1 more due in about a month. She tries to live a very simple life, trying to be self sufficient. She posts many great recipes, crafts, and just tid bits to how blessed her life is. Miss you guys!
Second is Lara. Ok if you love FOOD like me, you must check out her blog. She blogs about recipes she's made and she takes step by step pictures. I patiently wait for her to add a new entry. It is a delight to read her humorous intros and conclusions to each recipe. YUM! Sure wish you were my neighbor so you could share your food with me!

1 comment:

Mommabear said...

You are too cute thanks Bethany.