Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

In Bellingham they have Homeschool ice skating every Wednesday. We just found out about this and thought we'd give it a try. My kids have NEVER been on any type of skate before so I didn't know what we were in for...but we were in for FUN.

So we rented the skates and the little "helpers" to push around. The boys both used the helpers at first but within 45 min they were both trying solo. Of course there were many tumbles (and I am bring helmets next time and maybe knee pads) but I was so impressed with their determination to try it.

I tried to take some pictures but holding a 4 month old in a huge snowsuit wasn't the easiest of juggling acts. I will say Hannah did great. I think she's learning to just go with the flow.

And Isaiah went a tumbling down. Elijah actually went without the helper first, but I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy cheering him on.
Our friends that filled us in that there is homeshcool skate!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Bethany, That's so cool that they have homeschool ice skating! You are really inspiring me to homeschool. I know what you mean about how hard it is to take pictures while holding a little one! Isaiah has been bonked in the head with my camera more times than I'd like to admit.