Friday, June 13, 2008

The Father seeks such to worship Him


Photo by Sara Susen

Elijah is a little worshiper. He loves to sing. He so cute because even if he doesn't know the words he will hum along and insert words he thinks sound good. He has his favorite songs and his ultimate favorite he will tell you is "He came from heaven to earth" aka "Lord I lift your name on high". He knows every line and when we are listening in the car he'll request to play it over and over. The song has actually brought up many questions "what does debt mean?" "where is heaven?" "what is a grave" It's so amazing that a 4 year old can grasp the gospel better than some adults. Yesterday we were talking about debt. We then discussed sin. I asked Elijah "what is sin?" and he said "it's the bad things we do, when we don't do good". I asked him to tell me some of his sins to see if he could apply it personally. He replied "when I fuss (this is what we call it when he whines for his own way), when I don't share, being bad to Isaiah" I thought it was pretty awesome that my 4 year old could recognize the sin in his life. Again that's more than I can say for some adults. So when he sings the song "Lord I lift you name on High" he can sing it with praise and understanding and that's what the Lord is looking for John 4:23 says But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to worship Him.

No comments: