Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day



My Grandfather "Pa"
All my memories of my grandfather are happy ones. He was a man of compassion. He always knew just how to comfort someone in any situation. He always had a kind word, a gentle touch, a funny story to tell. I always felt so safe with him. I always felt so loved. He was a man of faith, and loved to talk about God's faithfulness. He was a family man. He loved his wife, and all his children. "Pa" made sure the people around him knew he loved loved them, he never held back. He made each of us feel like we alone were the most important person in his life, yet at the same time knowing he loved us all alike. As I write this I am overwhelmed with missing him,because I just loved him so much. It's been so long since he went to heaven but it seems like yesterday he was sitting in his lawn chair at Popham Beach. So on this Father's Day I remember him and can't wait to be reunited with him in our Father's Kingdom!



My Dad
I owe a lot to my Dad. He has always encouraged me to do what is right. He only wanted what is best for me. He believed in my potential before I knew I had any. My Dad is a hard worker. He works hard to provide for his family. There were 7 kids in my family. That's a lot of mouths to feed, a lot of "cool" sneakers to buy, a lot of school things to attend, a lot of molding to do. I never lacked for anything. I may not have gotten everything I wanted, but I always had everything I needed. Even in those difficult teenage years I always valued what my dad thought. I didn't want to disappoint him. I am so thankful for all the times I was headed down to the wrong path and that my dad stepped in. For that display of love I am forever grateful to him. He taught me to love your children is not always to please them but rather to guide them on the right path! I love you DAD!



My Husband

My husband is a man of few words, but a man of convictions. He isn't a man marked by prestige, status, or popularity. He is a man marked by faith in Jesus. I often meet people who know him through work and they use such words as "dependable, honorable,a great guy, hard worker,a nice "fella". It always makes me smile when I hear of his reputation. He isn't a man concerned with climbing the corporate ladder, buying bigger and better to keep up with the "Jone's", or doing typical guy things. He is quick to come home to his family. He enjoys to be with his wife and his boys. The time we spend together will leave memories, lessons, and values that could never be bought.I read a statistic that the average American Father spends about 3 minuets of "quality time" a day with his children. Investing in our kids is so important to my husband. My boys certainly have a man of God to look up to everyday of their lives. Both my boys even at their young ages talk about how they can't wait to get married and have a family. They want to be a dad like their dad. I am so thankful the example my husband is to my sons and to other men.

So happy Father's Day to all the Dad's. And remember no earthy dad is perfect. But we have a Heavenly Father who is perfect in all His ways and loves us with in an extravagant love. 1John 4:9 says In this the love of God was revealed in us, because God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him.

1 comment:

Annee said...

Peter "a man of few words". So true! I love all the old pictures I need to put some on my blog. Looking at all the photos it's a little wacky to think of you guys married since I know you from different places high school and Bob's roommate. I am so glad we found you!