Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence

Happy 4th of July!

I love this holiday. It reminds me of how blessed we are to live in this country. I love this country. I love that we were founded by men of God who boldly stated "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." I am so saddened to see things in this country that break the heart of our Creator.

I am not a political person by any stretch. I do keep informed and I do embrace my right in this country to vote and have my vote counted. I see a lot of Christians getting very involved in political causes. Sometimes I have to wonder what would happen if we as Christians lived righteous lives. If we lived lives radically for the Lord and His righteousness? What if our lives commanded people to take notice? What if we as Christians would not look to an elective official for answers or hope?

What if the church rid itself of hypocrisy, legalism, pride, gossip and heresies? And instead the people who are in the church embraced lives of true repentance ,lives that are full of compassion. What if the church was humble in service to the Lord and held on to the truth of God's word. What if we were people of prayer? I believe we'd see an amazing revival sweep across our land.

In this an election year that's all I hear on the news. "We need change, we need hope, I can do this, I can do that" I see mere men being cheered like a god. But in reality The One this country needs is not elected by the masses. Our hope, our change lies in the life and death of One man, Jesus Christ. He truly is in the business of hope and in the business of change. Hope for eternal life through Him, and radically changing the lives. That's that's the Hope and Change I want! He alone is the rightful King!

So happy Independence Day.Today I am remembering my Independence from a life of sin headed down the road to hell and thankful I live in a country with the freedom to worship the God who set me free.

2Chronicles 7:14-15 if My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now My eyes shall be open, and My ears shall be open to the prayer of this place.


The song that is playing on my play list is called You Are. I love this song right now. I was just listening to again and thought Jesus truly is the only hope for me personally and for us collectively. He is everything. We should be so thankful and humbled to worship such a amazing God!

You Are

You are holy, you are faithful.
You are Savior, you are friend.
You are all I'll ever need, Lord, you are.
You are ev'ry questions' answer,
You are ev'ry reason why,
You are moving, you are still, Lord, you are.

You are the Lord on high,
You are the way, the truth, the life.
You are the Word made flesh,
You are the bright Morning Star; you are.

You are Glory Hallelujah.
You are hope of peace on earth.
You are Alpha and Omega, you are.
You are comfort, you are refuge.
You are love personified.
You are kindness and compassion, you are.

You are the Lord on high,
You are the way, the truth, the life.
You are the Word made flesh,
You are the bright Morning Star; you are.

You are my God and my King.
You are the words that I sing.
You are the reason I make this offering.
(Repeat twice)

You are the Lord on high,
You are the way, the truth, the life.
You are the Word made flesh,
You are the bright Morning Star; you are.

You are the words that I sing.
You are.
You are my God and my King.
You are.
You are.
You are.

No comments: