Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adventures In Homeschooling

So get rid of your idea of what school should look like. Erase the chalkboard of your mind of desks, pencils, workbooks, and bells. Because that's not how we roll! Yesterday for example I had an early morning appointment and I needed to pick up a guitar for Isaiah. While some might chalk the day up to a loss I never underestimate the power of homeschooling! (LOL)

My boys are early risers. Often I cringe at the clock and realize that they are up and ready to go at 5:30 but yesterday I welcomed it. We had breakfast and got dressed by 6:15. And then we did about 2 hours of school work before I needed to head out for my appointment. Yes our doors are open at 6:15! That's awesome!

We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the playground....for gym! But the rain soon drove us to plan B. We decided since we were out and about that we'd stop at the library.
We had never been to the Lincoln Library. But we were delighted we stopped by. Since it was our first time taking out books they only allowed us each to take out two. That was really hard for the boys. Isaiah read 5 books while we were there because he couldn't decide. They eventually settled on Clifford books that Isaiah read on the car ride home.

We made it home with plenty of time to finish our Great Dinosaur mystery book and a Language Arts Test. Isaiah said "this was an awesome day " Oh by the way the guitar I bought Isaiah from Uncle Henry's is beautiful. He starts lessons of Friday!

No comments: