Monday, September 29, 2008

Someone stole our Car!

Yeah I thought that title would get your attention. Our little clunker car was "stolen" but not on purpose. I run out on Rt 6. I park at the little rest area and run out and then run back. Tonight I did what I've done many many times. I had a great run. The leaves are amazing and the weather was perfect. As I was rounding the little bend before the rest area I noticed the car was gone. There was also a logging truck so I thought maybe I couldn't see my car because of the truck. But as I got closer I realized the car was really gone. The rest area is about a mile and half from my house. I really wasn't looking forward to running the rest of the way home. But what choice did I have. So I started off. I thought maybe if someone drove by that I knew I could hitch a ride...to no avail. Then I started to get sad, and the tears started to come. I saw a truck and waved them done. Two local guys gave me a ride up the street to the house. I came in to tell my hubby that car had been "stolen". So frantically we looked for the state police number. We finally found it and the guy on the other end already knew about our car being "missing". Apparently someone on Rt 6 called for a tow. The tow truck driver saw our car (LOL if you've seen our Honda you'd understand) and assumed that was the car he was suppose to tow, so he did, all the way to Princeton 25 min away. He called the police to let them know that someone might call to report the car stolen and that he was on his way to return it. Low and behold when we drove to the rest area there it was, exactly where I had left it. Hope you have a good chuckle on me!!

1 comment:

Snuffygirl5 said...

I'd be stressed. Pretty funny now that it's over, huh?